Welcome to the Law Offices of Hart J. Levin, your top-tier legal firm specializing in expert DUI defense in Fullerton and nearby areas. With a rich history in DUI law, we possess the skills and experience needed to effectively represent numerous clients facing DUI charges not just in Fullerton, but also throughout Orange County and beyond. Our unwavering commitment centers on DUI cases, where we vigorously challenge evidence, craft robust defense strategies, and secure the best possible outcomes for our clients. Our mission is to provide the highest quality legal counsel and unwavering support throughout your case.
Navigating the DUI Process in Fullerton
When confronted with a DUI charge in Fullerton, the legal journey can be arduous, even for first-time offenders. Law enforcement may detain individuals accused of DUI for up to 48 hours in police custody, ostensibly for safety and sobriety reasons. However, this 48-hour hold can often feel like a form of pretrial punishment, given that most individuals regain sobriety in less than 24 hours.
Following their release, defendants will receive a summons to appear in court for an arraignment hearing. It is crucial to enlist the services of an experienced DUI attorney for this hearing, as judges may not view the case favorably and may even choose to remand the defendant into custody until they post a substantial bail amount. To mitigate the severe consequences of a DUI conviction in Fullerton, seeking the assistance of a DUI lawyer immediately after release is of utmost importance. Delays could jeopardize your personal and professional life due to the long-lasting repercussions of a DUI conviction.
DMV Hearing Following a DUI Arrest in Fullerton
Taking swift action and scheduling a DMV hearing right after being charged with a DUI in Fullerton is imperative. Failing to do so can lead to an automatic suspension of your driver’s license. Our team of adept DUI lawyers in Fullerton is here to guide you through the entire hearing process, which includes requesting and scrutinizing all evidence considered by the DMV. During the hearing, we tenaciously challenge the validity of the presented evidence and fight for your right to retain your license.
At the Law Offices of Hart J. Levin, we boast years of experience in handling DMV hearings and have a proven track record of success in advocating for our clients. Despite the DMV’s stringent procedures, our team maintains one of the industry’s highest success rates in winning DMV hearings. We are fully dedicated to doing everything in our power to help you maintain your driving privileges and get back on the road as soon as possible.
Understanding DUI Penalties in Fullerton
In Fullerton, as well as throughout California, a DUI conviction comes with substantial consequences:
First Offense DUI
– Classified as a misdemeanor offense
– Possibility of a maximum six-month county jail sentence
– Potential fines of up to approximately $20,000
– Driver’s license suspension lasting between four to twelve months
– Opportunity to lessen penalties by opting for an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) for six months
– Compulsory enrollment in a DUI school for a duration of 3, 6, or 9 months
– Remarkable 99 percent success rate in avoiding jail time for first-time DUI offenders
Second Offense DUI
– A misdemeanor charge applicable to second-time DUI offenders
– Potential jail sentence ranging from 96 hours to one year
– Maximum fine of approximately $20,000
– Multi-year driver’s license suspension
– Eligibility for an Ignition Interlock Device (IID), excluding “refusal” cases
– Enrollment in a weekly DUI education program lasting either 18 or 30 months
Misdemeanor DUI with Injury
– Categorized as a misdemeanor offense
– Possible incarceration period ranging from 120 days to one year
– Fines of up to $20,000 may apply
– Requirement for restitution to the injured party
– Driver’s license suspension spanning from 1 to 3 years, with an alternative of IID installation for 6 months
– Compulsory enrollment in DUI school, with program durations of 3, 6, 9, 18, or 30 months
– Potential for felony charges in cases with more severe injuries
Felony DUI (Fourth Offense Within Ten Years)
– A felony conviction is incurred
– Probation period may involve up to one year in county jail or 10+ years in state prison
– Fines can reach a maximum of $20,000
– Potential driver’s license suspension for a period of up to ten years
– Obligatory enrollment in DUI school, with program durations of 18 or 30 months
Understanding the Costs of a DUI in Fullerton
Facing DUI charges in Fullerton often raises concerns about fines and other expenses. While online information may suggest hefty fines, our experienced DUI lawyers can frequently reduce court costs, generally keeping fines as low as approximately $2,000.
Furthermore, we recognize the financial strain caused by increased insurance premiums for DUI offenders. Our firm has established relationships with reputable insurance providers offering exclusive pricing options to alleviate this burden.
We are dedicated to helping clients avoid significant fines and penalties, striving for a more promising future. As leading DUI attorneys in Fullerton, we prioritize your interests and work tirelessly to achieve the most favorable resolution for your situation. Do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of Hart J. Levin today to protect your rights and your future.